Facebook is the world’s leading social media platform. Businesses who maximize the potential of Facebook can have great results. It is a fantastic way to reach multitudes of clients, customers and tap into potential consumers. One way to do this is by obtaining more “Likes”. Here are some tips on how to get people liking your posts and reading about what you have to offer.
- Make sure the content you are posting is relevant to your business and is interesting. People will like and share posts that are fun to read and have great content. If your posts are becoming repetitive and getting little attention, think about changing the format you are using. Use some humor, or useful facts to make them catch people’s attention.
- You don’t want to bombard people with posts, or they may block or unfollow you. People can be picky about what they want popping up in their newsfeed. However, consistency is good! Figure out if posting once a day (as an example) is generating interest and if so, stick with it, and don’t miss a day.
- Spend some time analyzing if timing is affecting your posts. If you post early in the morning with few likes, try posting in the afternoon and see if that generates more likes.
- Using pictures and graphics can gain likes. Some people prefer a visual statement, rather than reading through a wordy post. There are plenty of images you can legally use from the internet without the threat of copyright violation. If you are handy with publisher or similar programs, you can add wording to the images and craft them for your individual business. People may be more likely to click like on a photo, simply because they don’t have to spend time reading!
- Keep post shorts. People will pay more attention to 80 to 100 words than they will 200. Let’s face it, our attention spans are not what they used to be.
- Don’t hesitate to ask people to share your posts! Ask people to like, share or comment and you may be surprised how this will boost your likes.